Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ESM sitrep 20 May evening...from Lt Gen Raj Kadyan.

ESM sitrep 20 May evening...from Lt Gen Raj Kadyan...
 *********************************************************************

Dear Colleagues,

At a dinner gathering some days ago, I got a chance to interact with a number of politicians from different political parties. The subject of OROP being uppermost in my mind, I naturally mentioned it. Some of the comments are noted here.

Mr Pratap Singh Bajwa, President of Punjab Congress Party, had a long chat with me on the subject. He promised all help. Mr Bhupender Singh Hooda, the Haryana CM, while supporting the demand also commented, “ab to aap logon ko bahut kuchh mil gaya.” He was obviously referring to the recent pension enhancement and I gave him my view that OROP is still far off. The most notable reaction came from Mr Sachin Pilot. Himself walking up to me, he enquired whether the OROP had been given. When I replied in the negative, he appeared genuinely dismayed.

We have to keep garnering support whenever and whatever opportunity comes our way.

--
Best regards,

Lt Gen Raj Kadyan
 Chairman IESM
 262, Sector - 17A
 Gurgaon - 122 001
 __._,_.___